Master Scholarships LLM, Kent Law School, University of Kent, UK
Kent Law School offers a limited number of scholarships to students who are liable to pay overseas students’ fees. The scholarships are open to all overseas applicants on the LLM programmes offered at the Canterbury campus.
The scholarships will provide tuition fees at the full overseas rate. For the academic year 2010/11, the overseas rate was £10,850.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Applicants for study on an LLM programme at the Kent Law School in Canterbury may apply to be considered for an Overseas Scholarships.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Where candidates are rated equivalent in terms of academic excellence, their financial circumstances will (if possible) be taken into account in deciding on an award.
- The number of scholarships to be awarded will be at the discretion of the Law School.
- An applicant should make a case for the award of the scholarship to them, as outlined below. Applications should be submitted to the KLS Postgraduate Officer, by post, to the addresses given for correspondence below.
- In order to be eligible for consideration for a scholarship, a candidate must have received an offer of a place on an LLM degree programme.
- The scholarships will take the form of a full reduction in tuition fees for that programme.
- In order to take up a scholarship, it will be necessary for an applicant to meet all of the conditions specified in their offer of a place on the programme of study.
- Scholarships may not be deferred.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful, or who are unable to take up the offer of a scholarship, may apply for funding in subsequent years.
- Any scholarship offered should be accepted within one month of date of offer.
Information to be provided by applicants
An application should make a case for the award of the scholarship to the applicant.
Applicants may also submit a limited number of supporting documents, as they think appropriate. It is unnecessary to send a copy of documents which have already been submitted as part of the process of application for a place on the programme(s) in question.
As part of the case for the award of a scholarship, they should give such information as they consider appropriate under three headings:
- Academic results and performance
- Reasons for wishing to take the degree
- Information as to financial circumstances.
Applicants for whom the scholarship would make a difference to the feasibility of study at the University of Kent should explain why this is the case, and include supporting documents.
Applicants should indicate clearly which programme(s) they have applied for.
Correspondence and enquiries
Enquiries may be addressed to the Postgraduate Office by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on 0044-(0)1227-823405 or 0044-(0)1227 824595.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th April 2011. A decision will be taken as soon as possible after the closing date. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 May 2011 can assume that they have not been successful.
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarship, following the completion of the online LLM application process, please forward a letter making a case for the award of the scholarship to the attention of:
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3